Posts Tagged: ‘WSF2011’
If you’re like a lot of people, you probably hear the word “psychopath” and picture corpse-stuffed crawlspaces and maniacal dictators. Maybe you even think of our fictional friend here Hannibal Lecter, but you know what? Maybe Dr. Lecter was a really effective psychiatrist most of the time. Maybe, a few ethical discretions aside, he did the world a lot of good.
The 2011 World Science Festival in New York City culminated in a street fair by New York University and Washington Square Park. The event boasted six hours of scientifically inspiring entertainment.
So as you might imagine, children were everywhere and science experiments were rampant. Let’s look at some photos.
Your Stuff to Blow Your Mind duo is back in HowStuffWorks’ Atlanta home base after attending the World Science Festival in New York City. We’ll be sharing all we learned in a series of forthcoming blog posts and podcasts, but here’s just a little something I came across when I fit in a trip to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Yes, what you’re seeing is essentially storm chasing as an art form.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Lions of Tsavo, Part 2
- Missed in History: The Lions of Tsavo, Part 1
- Missed in History: The Axman of New Orleans Part 2