Posts Tagged: ‘valentine’s day cards’
Whether you’re a hopeless romantic or a Valentine’s hater, Julie and I have quite the episode for you today. Prepare to have your mind blown as we explore the daring, disgusting, weaponized, cannibalistic and marathon lovemaking ways of slugs and snails.
Your human romance and love making will feel hopelessly vanilla by comparison.
by Katherine Neer | February 14, 2011
Americans are expected to purchase more than 140 million Valentine’s Day cards this year. Although you can count me among the recipients of those store-bought cards — I found an especially lovely valentine, along with some chocolate and other treats, perched atop my laptop this morning — as a sender, I like to go old-school and make my own. And if you have about 30 minutes and a few supplies, you can too!
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis