Posts Tagged: ‘tattoos’
First came vajazzling, with women (and some men) paying aestheticians to glue crystals around their pubic area, much to doctors’ chagrin. Now, The Telegraph reports that women in the UK are getting temporary nipple tattoos to darken the areola — sometimes in addition to breast augmentations. Since the tattoo ink fades over time, these nipple tattoos only last up to 18 months before they need retouching. Nevertheless, they aren’t cheap. To darken both nipples can cost more than $1,800.
by Cristen Conger | February 6, 2013
Philadelphia-based tattoo artist Vinnie Myers only inks one kind of tattoo these days. Seeing at least three clients per day, Myers keeps busy tattooing incredibly life-like nipples on post-mastectomy patients’ breasts…
by Tracy V. Wilson | December 1, 2011
Tattoos. They’re fascinating. And I’m not just saying that because How Tattoos Work is one of the articles I’ve worked on in my time at HowStuffWorks. What people get inked and why — or why they don’t — drove us to devote a whole episode to the place of tattoos in culture. Plus you get to hear what happens when Holly completely puts me on the spot.
What do people think when they see a tattoo on a woman? What do tattoos have to do with feminism? The answers may surprise you. Tune in as Molly and Cristen explore the relationship between tattoos and feminism in this podcast.
You Asked: How do tattoo machines work? — Jerry, Cave City, Ark. Marshall Brain Answers: The basic idea behind a tattoo machine is simple. You have an Electromagnet that attracts a piece of metal. The metal is attached to the needle. The needle moves about an eighth of an inch (2mm) in and out. When […]
Wouldn’t the scientist in your life love to find a Virgin Galactic ticket in his or her stocking? Failing that, how about a lower back tattoo of Carl Sagan juggling the planets? Let us help you with those last minute gift ideas.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
- Are calorie counts on fast food menus effective?
- 237 Reasons Humans Have Sex
- The Wedding Ring Phenomenon
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: Irish Potato Famine, Part 1
- Missed in History: Paul Poiret
- Missed in History: Benjamin Banneker