Posts Tagged: ‘Take-Two’
Last night, word began to spread throughout the blogosphere after ShackNews broke the story that game developer 3D Realms has shut its doors. The company behind such games as Beyond the Titanic, Bio Menace and Duke Nukem is no more. Raise a frosty beverage of your choice in honor of this video game company.
Sadly, the company has been the target of jokes for years, mainly due to one title above all others: Duke Nukem Forever. 3D Realms first announced the development of the title back in 1997. The Duke Nukem series was one of the company’s most popular titles and had throngs of fans. But it’s been 12 years and there’s still no sign of the hard-living, cannon-carrying warrior who was a combination of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Campbell. The title has made Wired’s annual list of vaporware so often that I’m sure they were tempted to use a copy and paste approach (they didn’t — Wired is far too professional to just run the same copy two years in a row). It even made our list of Best Video Games Never Made.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis