Posts Tagged: ‘Skin’
Our outer layer of flesh is beautiful, disgusting, painful, vibrant, oily and erotic. It helps define who we are and, like the rest of us, tends to fall apart as years go by. But what is it exactly? What role does it play in human anatomy and how will we change it in the future?
Computerized tattoos? Skin farms?
Recently, on Stuff Mom Never Told You, Molly and I have covered the Western obsession with tanning and the Eastern custom of skin lightening. In both episodes, we focused largely on women since we’re stereotypically more attentive to our personal appearance and more willing to alter it via makeup, tanning, hair styling, etc. But in […]
Recent research from the University of Nottingham finds that “healthy tans” might not be such an oxymoron after all. That’s good news for fair-skinned folks like me who want some summertime tint without skin-damaging tanning beds or excessive sunbathing. A study conducted by Dr. Ian Stephen found that upping vegetable intake can improve color even better than by laying poolside.
Here is a tear-jerker video that shows how bad malignant skin cancer can be, and what you can do to address the problem: The obvious question you will have after watching the video is, “how do I do a self-exam?” here is a nice guide to the process: See also: A Guide To Checking For […]
There was a popular article that made the rounds yesterday. Entitled “8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists on Earth”, it contains a lot of profanity. But it also contains a fascinating photo on page 1. The photo shows an elderly woman with what appears to be a black horn, similar to the horn of […]
The skin gun appears to be a computer controlled Air Brush that, instead of spraying paint, sprays skin stem cells over a burn. As you watch this video, the results are incredible: The burns on his arm and face are completely, seamlessly healed. The technology has been under development for some time, as this 2008 […]
Are you a parent? Are your kids playing sports? Or are you a person who spends a lot of time in a gym? Here’s something new to worry about. In the following article you will learn that MRSA is a real threat, and it affects a surprising number of athletes: This is a staph infection […]
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis