Posts Tagged: ‘nostalgia’
by Tracy V. Wilson | November 1, 2012
WE’RE GONNA WRECK IT! “Wreck-It Ralph” got us really excited about old video games. Including old video games that never existed, like “Fix-It Felix.” Kudos to you on that, Disney, for making a game we miss playing that we never missed before, because it wasn’t a real thing back then.
Here’s what came up when we talked about video game nostalgia:
- “Fix-It Felix Jr.” and its Blair Witchiness
- Arcades, Putt-Putt game rooms, and other places to play video games in our youth
- Nintendo, Magnavox Odyssey, Pong, Atari, and other classic game systems
- Holly’s love for video game booklets
More after the jump!
This truly has to be one of the best attempts ever to take a product that is not selling and trying to find the right marketing niche for it…
In spite of my introversion, I spent a fair amount of time of “World of Warcraft” playing in groups. This was especially true in my pre-expansion level-60 days. I played a moonkin, and it didn’t take me long to figure out that my job in a group wasn’t to cast spells and do as much damage as possible.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis