Posts Tagged: ‘multitasking’
Is multitasking a female super power, a teachable skill or pure myth?
In this episode of Stuff to Blow Your Mind, Julie and I consider our multitasking world, our uni-tasking minds and the rare “super taskers” capable of doing it all.
by Robert Lamb | February 5, 2013
Joke all you want, but the Interrupting Cow takes a real toll on your brain and your work life. So in this episode of Stuff to Blow Your Mind, Julie and I examine just how interruptions and distractions impact our cognitive functions. What can we do to combat the interpreting cows in our life?
Find out in this episode.
I know, it’s TechStuff, so I should be telling you to pick up the electronics, right? According to a study at the University of California, San Francisco quoted by Matt Richtel of The New York Times, rats engaged with new experiences go through periods of intense brain activity. But the rats don’t actually process what they’ve experienced and learn from that experience until they stop and have the chance to think about it. Richtel said the researchers believe the same may be true for people as well.
A Reuters article I read yesterday said that more people in America use the Internet while watching TV than ever before. That shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. Otherwise, why would there be a market for Web-enabled TVs? Nielsen, the source Reuters used for the article, said that 60 percent are using the Web and watching TV simultaneously at least once a month.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis