Posts Tagged: ‘Mayan calendar’
by Tracy V. Wilson | December 17, 2012
Everybody’s talking about the end of the world. But … yeah not on Friday. Yet there’s so much crazy going on about the Mayan calendar and a potential end of the world. Right now.
I don’t know about you, but I’m extremely skeptical when it comes to doomsday predictions. After all, people have been predicting the end of the world since the dawn of recorded history. Now, I’m not talking about large-scale, gradual catastrophes like the looming threat of environmental damage or the consequences of overpopulation. I’m talking about […]
Born Simon ben Kosiba, Simon bar Kokhba led the Bar Kokhba revolt against the Roman empire. The revolt succeeded momentarily, and the Romans were expelled from Judea — but the conflict was far from over. Tune in and learn what happened next.
Thousands of people across the globe believe the world will end in 2012 — but why? Tune in and learn more about the beliefs of 2012ers, from interpretations of the ancient Mayan calendar to concerns over irregular sunspot cycles and solar storms.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: Sei Shonagon
- Missed in History: The Boston Massacre
- Missed in History: Zenobia (Revisited)