Posts Tagged: ‘jokes’
by Cristen Conger | February 14, 2013
The Onion, fake news site extraordinaire and one of my favorite places on the entire Interwebs, celebrated Valentine’s Day with some hilarious headlines like, “Girlfriend Just Wants to Have Low-Key, Laid-Back Valentine’s Day Fight This Year” (don’t we all?!) and “Mother Considers Son ‘Quite the Little Casanova’” (don’t we all?! wait.). It even offered readers tips for spicing up this most special of non-holidays, such as “Greet him at the door wearing nothing but his dead wife’s clothes.”
But it was hard to get a kick out of that comedy gold after watching its lead Valentine’s Day video, “Devoted Abuser Stops By Girlfriend’s Office To Deliver Surprise Threat.”
A few weeks ago, a TechStuff fan posted a link to a YouTube video that managed to scare the pants off me (which is why I’m required by HR to wear, at minimum, two pairs of pants when I come to work). The claim in the video was that an inventor had discovered a way to perceive 3-D images on a television screen without the use of active 3-D glasses. Active glasses have shutters in them that open and close faster than we can see. The shutters synchronize with images on the television screen — each eye only sees one set of images. Your brain combines the two sets of images into a single image that appears to have the dimension of depth. The invention in the video seemed to achieve this by making you blink your eyes in sync with the television screen.
by Marshall Brain | March 24, 2010
April Fool’s day will arrive in about a week. If you live/work in an office setting, it is time to think about things you can do. The goal in this post is to provide inspiration. It also serves another purpose – it inoculates you against these pranks if you are on the receiving end. The […]
In 2002, scientists discovered the world’s funniest joke: The world’s funniest joke has been revealed after a year-long search by scientists. Here is the joke: Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone […]
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Axman of New Orleans Part 1
- Missed in History: Sei Shonagon
- Missed in History: The Boston Massacre