Posts Tagged: ‘James Bond’
by Tracy V. Wilson | November 12, 2012
Holly and I both love James Bond! So does everyone else, judging by the opening box office of “Skyfall.” We recorded this before we saw it, but I’m typing up the show notes after having seen it, which is a little weird.
Doing this podcast on literary landmarks was a labor of love. I love to read and I love to travel so what could be better than combining the two? We had so many other writers that we had to leave out, that I thought I’d provide a list in case you’d like explore some other […]
Hey there, keepers of the light. Hope everyone out there in the real world is living the dream. This week here at SYSK HQ, things have been pretty exciting. Some stuff we can’t talk about here, but we can talk about Mr. Josh Clark’s birthday! That’s right, old Joshers turned 34 this week. If I remember correctly 34 was a pretty good one for me. They all kind of run together after 30, to be honest. Anyway…
In an earlier podcast Scott and Ben took a look at the iconic cars of the big screen, omitting the autos of one very important British superspy. Join the crew as they spend an episode looking back at the history of the James Bond cars in this episode.
Yesterday, British Foreign Secretary David Miliband confirmed to the press a rather embarrassing fact: The wife of Sir John Sawers, the newly appointed head of Britain’s famed MI6 spy agency, had posted information about her husband and family on Facebook. The Daily Mail broke the story and now reports that MI6 could face an inquiry about the incident.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Lions of Tsavo, Part 2
- Missed in History: The Lions of Tsavo, Part 1
- Missed in History: The Axman of New Orleans Part 2