Posts Tagged: ‘hybrid’
by Scott C. Benjamin | March 5, 2013
If this becomes a reality, all-electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrids stand to gain additional (or even unlimited?) driving range and a significant decrease in downtime for a battery recharge. As an added benefit, EV batteries could be much smaller in size (which means reduced weight, too) and far less expensive to replace when the time comes for a fresh start. Sounds good, right? But how do they do it?
According to a recent post at Green Car Congress, “Researchers at…
And no, it’s not some anemic, wedge-shaped city car, either. For that hefty price tag you get the staggering performance of the 2014 McLaren P1 supercar. How fast is it? Well, it’s 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in “less than three seconds” fast. And that, along with a top speed of 350 km/h (218 mph), puts it in a very exclusive group of cars…
by Ben Bowlin | June 15, 2012
Over the past week, Scott and I have taken a closer look at the new EPA car labels, which include some interesting (and, perhaps, confusing) metrics. If you check out the sample electric car label on the EPA’s site, you’ll notice a few new additions. The biggest number is the MPGe rating, and there are […]
December 30, 2010
Consumers pay a premium for hybrid cars, so does it follow that the resale value is higher? In this episode, Scott and Ben discuss the factors that affect resale values — and why hybrids don’t tend to hold their value as well as regular cars.
As excitement builds over evolving hybrid technology, Scott and Ben revisit the subject in a two-part “pros and cons” podcast. Tune in and learn about the pros of buying a hybrid, but don’t head to the dealership yet — the next episode is yet to come.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis