Posts Tagged: ‘horror films’
It’s a tough time to be a space enthusiast. The space shuttle’s replacement is still a decade off, budget cuts abound and — most damning of all — the United States hasn’t sent a horror movie icon into orbit since 2001. Think back to the slasher trio we sent up in the late 90s and early 00s. Back then, our future amid the stars seemed assured and space exploration promised us the long-term survival of the human race’s failing horror franchises.
The idea of Freddy Krueger, the villain who kills you in your dreams, freaked me out when I was younger. Which is to say it also enthralled me.
The adult me, however, finds the science of sleep and paranormal experiences quite fascinating, so I was far more intrigued than terrified when I read that “A Nightmare on Elm Street” creator Wes Craven was inspired by actual news stories about nightmare-related deaths.
Are you an average Joe hoping to woo a lovely lady just in time for Halloween couples’ costumes? Good news. You don’t have to be a hunk to attract the apple of your eye around Halloween because you have the perfect seasonal entertainment at your disposal.
by Tracy V. Wilson | October 8, 2009
Last Friday, a friend asked me if I wanted to go to a sold-out midnight advance screening of the reportedly terrifying movie “Paranormal Activity.” Since it was the very end of a long week, and I was sure I’d wind up asleep in my seat, and I said no. My friend said not to worry: If enough of the screenings sold out, the movie would be back in theaters later.
I didn’t have to wait long. “Paranormal Activity” is showing in Atlanta tonight at midnight, and there are show times throughout the day starting tomorrow. But it’s still not in wide release. For that to happen, a million people have to ask for the movie at its official site. So far, more than 666,000 have done so. It’s not really clear, though, whether the million-click goal is really a requirement or a guarantee — or whether it’s all just a stunt to get attention.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
- Hollywood’s First Magical Makeover Movie
- 7 Types of ‘Friends with Benefits’ Relationships
- How Sad Breakup Songs Make Us Feel Better
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon