Posts Tagged: ‘hangovers’
Before you dive headfirst into that New Year’s hangover, let’s explore exactly what’s going on inside your body when you wake to a splitting headache, a troubled gut and the realization that you’re wearing half a gorilla costume. Join Julie and I as we speak softly and lead you through the biological effects of alcohol consumption, the anatomy of the resulting hangover and tips to prevent or cure your accursed condition.
A pair of studies recently featured in Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) journals are, I think, a bit creepy. First up is a study the findings of which are so intuitive I find it a tad nerve-wracking that the researchers managed to get the funding to conduct it, let alone get it published. […]
People have been making and consuming alcohol for millenia – it is one of humankind’s earliest technologies. According to this article, “There is a perfectly respectable academic theory that civilization began with beer.” The next step was distillation, to concentrate the alcohol. See How Moonshine Works More recently, the idea of new delivery systems has […]
Goodness gracious, people — what a week! Atlanta is heading toward a full fall swing, good news for those of us that love seasonal change. The rest of you with your toes in the sand don’t know what you’re missing. Nothing like a gray, cold and rainy day to make you doubt your very existence. Moving on…
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis