Posts Tagged: ‘gremlins’
Mogwai and Gremlins might SEEM the most unrealistic little monsters ever to crawl out of the 1980s, but nothing could be further from the truth.
In this episode of Stuff to Blow Your Mind, Robert and Julie dissect Gremlin/mogwai biology and show you how all that melting and metamorphosing matches up with the rest of the animal kingdom.
If you’re an Eighties baby like me, you already know The Rules. No, I don’t mean those silly rules about dating. I’m talking about the rules for the proper care of a Mogwai. Wait … what?
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
- 18th-Century Mayonnaise
- Do women have neater handwriting than men?
- Is learning cursive handwriting good for kids’ brains?
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon