Posts Tagged: ‘funny’
We’ve all seen water balloons pop in slow motion. But what if the water balloon is six feet in diameter? Here’s what happens: This leads to the obvious question: where do you get a balloon like that? Here is one place: Cloud Buster balloons [[[Jump to previous Funny...]]] If you would like to follow Brainstuff […]
One of the reasons we do “Funny…” here on Brainstuff is because “Laughter is the best medicine” – that it feels good (and actually is good, from a medical standpoint) to laugh out loud, sometimes uproariously. This is a good clip for that: Conan O’Brien – Great Guest moments Somewhere in there you will find […]
by Marshall Brain | March 23, 2011
In this TED talk, Hans Rosling breaks down the population of the world by income and points out the one invention that every human being wants and needs – the washing machine. You might be thinking, “the washing machine???” Wait until he explains it: As I watch this video, there are so many thoughts that […]
by Marshall Brain | February 18, 2011
How do you write a hit song? According to Dave Grohl, “Here’s what you’ve got to do… think about it like it’s a bumper sticker”: After you watch that, you may want to listen to a little Aerosmith: Love in an elevator Janie’s got a gun Livin’ on the edge You may also want to […]
The creativity demonstrated here made me laugh – I have never thought of destroying the planet in this way: The realism is also impressive. The creators: Onemoreproduction.com See also: What is the gray goo nightmare? [[[Jump to previous Funny....]]] If you would like to follow Brainstuff on Twitter or Facebook, here are the links: – […]
by Marshall Brain | February 9, 2011
I’m not sure why, but this made me laugh out loud at several different points. Maybe it’s because the idea is so surprising. Maybe it’s because you get to manufacture everything yourself. Maybe because it is such a good facsimile. I have never seen anything like it: Has anybody else seen anything like this? Is […]
To me, this video is funny because it perfectly captures the “southern attitude” toward snow. In the south, any amount of snow is an emergency. Grocery stores get cleaned out as shown here. People start to panic: This graph shows the general tolerance of southerners to snow: Southerner’s enjoyment of snow over time Meanwhile, up […]
A scene from a movie in which robots show their power. The thing is, you have never seen powers like these. In fact, you have probably never imagined powers like these…. The creativity is impressive. The scene comes from the movie Endhiran. This is the trailer: [[[Jump to previous Funny...]]] If you would like to […]
Violating the strict laws of physics and survivability since 1948, and updated for the modern era: Backup version on Vimeo: Road Runner – Coyote Falls 2010 Here is another one called “Fur of Flying” on Vimeo: Fur Of Flying So the question is, what makes these so funny and timeless? Even the earliest ones, which […]
Making humor of the simplest, little human things – eyebrows, standing, smells, stories and so on: It is funny that such simple little things can be made funny. Perhaps the key to the whole thing is that these simple observations are true, but we’ve never really stopped to think about them. They have woven their […]
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
- Are calorie counts on fast food menus effective?
- 237 Reasons Humans Have Sex
- The Wedding Ring Phenomenon
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: Irish Potato Famine, Part 1
- Missed in History: Paul Poiret
- Missed in History: Benjamin Banneker