Posts Tagged: ‘flu’
It’s Friday, which means it’s time to take a step back and see what the Internets machine churned out this week. On tap: Dancing with the squids. Chromatophores bust a move. Did you get your flu shot? Bacteria, one step closer to world domination. Legendary pickpocket + military = strange bedfellows What a cluster#%*@ — […]
by Marshall Brain | April 8, 2011
You asked: Is it possible to blow your nose so hard your brain bursts? — Zack (via Facebook) Marshall Brain answers: Can you blow your nose so hard your brain bursts? Probably not. But why not? First, you have this muscle below your lungs called the diaphragm, and it really can’t create very much pressure. […]
We have about 2 months left in cold and flu season. Will humanity ever cure these diseases? We might be getting close on flu: Flu breakthrough promises a vaccine to kill all strains The treatment – using a new technique and tested for the first time on humans infected with flu – targets a different […]
Through the practice of biological warfare, human beings have used disease as a weapon for centuries. Yet many conspiracists believe the practice continues into the modern age. Why? Tune in and learn more about the possibilities of manmade disease.
I had great plans for covering Dragon*Con this past weekend. Fan profiles! Image galleries! Write-ups of every panel I attended! Sadly, equipment failure and the lack of cheap-but-reliable WiFi sent my plans out the window. Dragon*Con is also a lot more crowded than it was when I covered it four years ago — and I just can’t be That Guy (or That Girl) who ties up traffic taking pictures and conducting interviews.
On top of that, my plans to do some write-ups yesterday were foiled by con crud, which I bring home with me every year in spite of fastidious preventive measures.
It could have been worse, though — I’m on the mend today. PAX, Penny Arcade’s annual game expo, also took place over Labor Day weekend. Yesterday, the official PAX Twitter account reported that tests had confirmed a case of H1N1 (swine) flu in an attendee.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis