Posts Tagged: ‘decision fatigue’
If you’re throwing a Halloween shindig this year, you know the anguish that comes with putting together a spectacular playlist. Is “Monster Mash” too lame? Is “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah” kosher with my converging friend groups? Decisions, decisions, decisions.
And of course all those decisions lead to decision fatigue. Think too long and hard over playlists and pizza topping early in the day and you’ll be hard pressed to make a call on the big stuff later on. Julie and I did a podcast episode on the topic and there’s a great New York Times article on the topic.
Save yourself some mental anguish and leave the Halloween tunes to a professional DJ.
Now let’ get funky.
In Stuff to Blow Your Mind’s recent episode Decision Fatigue: Death by 1,000 Choices, I mentioned that one way to cut down on the steady attrition of your decision-making faculties is to trust in a good DJ or mix podcast.
This Halloween, I recommend exactly this to save yourself the anguish of formulating your own paranormal party playlist or macabre mixtape. Because really people, the pros have got you covered on this one — and you won’t have to endure “Monster Mash” in a single one of them.
Oh yeah, and they’re all totally free.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
- Hollywood’s First Magical Makeover Movie
- 7 Types of ‘Friends with Benefits’ Relationships
- How Sad Breakup Songs Make Us Feel Better
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon