Posts Tagged: ‘commercials’
In 2001, Dannon attempted the seemingly impossible: turn yogurt into a “man food.” Speaking to The New York Times about its new ad campaign clearly aimed at a male demographic then-marketing president Eric Leventhal said, “Yogurt is not just a woman thing.” And so its new manly commercials showed gritty construction workers….doing a choreographed dance while stirring their yogurt in time? Real tough stuff.
by Marshall Brain | December 8, 2009
This is just an amazing video that demonstrates how a food stylist (aka a food makeup artist) makes a fast food burger look so delicious in a commercial: It really is an OMG! kind of video because many of these techniques are completely dishonest. For example, the burger patty is still raw, but has been […]
Are you cool enough to own a Mac? Apple has marketed the Macintosh computer as a hip, cool machine designed for stylish people who like to have fun. Just look at the dozens of “I’m a Mac/I’m a PC” ads that claim Mac computers are more fun, reliable and timely than their PC counterparts. Honestly, would you rather be Justin Long (the Mac) or John Hodgman (the PC)?
For years, Microsoft’s response was nonexistent — the company chose to ignore the attacks from Apple. Why shouldn’t it? PC computers dominate the market. More people and businesses use Windows than any other operating system. Microsoft chose to focus on other concerns.
Then things changed. Apple began to make some real progress in the PC market. There are still far more Windows machines than Mac machines in the wild, but the numbers began to shift. The Apple iPhone was a huge hit, and soon Apple began to attract a new generation of devotees.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis