Posts Tagged: ‘Cephalopods’
Join Robert and me as we time travel to the Ordovician period, some 488 million years ago. According to “Kraken” author Wendy Williams, “For a while the seas were deliciously warm and the planet seems to have been a kind of Garden of Eden, a time of nirvana that allowed life to flourish in many […]
I have no idea how your Monday’s going, but I’m willing to be that it can benefit from some awesome scientific squid and octopi illustrations from the turn of the century. Skip on over to the BibliOdyssey blog for this post full of images from the 1898 German Deep-Sea Expedition. The crew of the steamship Valdivia hit the Atlantic, Indian and Great Southern oceans with a hull full of laboratory equipment and science tomes. Upon his return, Leipzig University zoologist Carl Chun published an illustrated multivolume work on their deep-sea findings titled “From the Depths of the World Sea.”
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
- 7 Types of ‘Friends with Benefits’ Relationships
- How Sad Breakup Songs Make Us Feel Better
- 18th-Century Mayonnaise
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon