Posts Tagged: ‘BPA’
This is just great. A recent study came out that found that even when you take the bisphenols (BPAs) out of plastics, you still get the same results from using them: aggressive, physiologically effeminized boys and preternaturally pubescent girls who have a high risk of developing breast cancer later in life. This is particularly sad news, as getting BPAs out of plastics was a hard-fought battle and apparently one that was destined to lose.
If one is so inclined, one may look around and find all manner of everyday threats to our health. There is bisphenol-A (BPA) in plastic water bottles (a recent Harvard study found that people drinking from these bottles for a week showed an increase in BPA in their urine by as much as 69 percent). The food we eat will definitely kill us. A survey of national chain restaurants in the U.S. found that slow-food places like Applebee’s or T.G.I. Friday’s are the unhealthiest, so much so that fast-food places didn’t even register in the top 10. (The Cheesecake Factory’s Chicken and Biscuits entree, for example, has about 2,500 calories — the same as an eight-piece bucket and five biscuits at Kentucky Fried Chicken.) Plus, there are plenty of buses.
If you weren’t a trembling blob of death-fearing jelly already, here’s some more bad news.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters
- Missed in History: The Disappearance of Judge Crater
- Missed in History: Maurice Duplessis