Posts Tagged: ‘apologies’
In late January, mom blogger Janine Kovac experienced what happens oh so often when you express your opinion (some would say not very eloquently) on the Internet: the Internet bites back. And hard.
Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina had some apologizing to do after shouting out “You lie” to President Obama during his healthcare reform speech to the joint session of Congress on Wednesday night. I listened to the speech on the radio, and I couldn’t distinguish what Rep. Wilson said, but I figured it wasn’t nice since a chorus of booing quickly followed. According to the New York Times, Wilson left the building immediately after the speech and released a public statement of apology soon after.
While this is a worst-case scenario for having to make a professional apology, there are fundamental principles on how to go about it. Holly Weeks, for The Harvard Business School, stresses that these types of apologies must be handled with special care since they can make or break a professional relationship.
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: The Axman of New Orleans Part 1
- Missed in History: Sei Shonagon
- Missed in History: The Boston Massacre