This episode started as a running joke. My dealbreakers are smoking, bigotry, not wearing a seat belt and [insert thing that someone is doing that annoys me here]. Dealbreakers have become enough of a social phenomenon that “30 Rock” has had a whole arc about them. So we have a whole episode.
- My relationship dealbreakers: We just said. Holly's: Hating animals, tipping badly, having no sense of humor, requiring having children, clinging to old-fashioned gender roles and being a thrill-seeker.
- Our definition of dealbreakers: A thing that, without regard to all the other things about the person, breaks the deal. Not so much the straw that broke the camel's back.
- The inherent irrationality of many dealbreakers.
- Eharmony's list of things people must have/can't stand.
- The Match.com Singles in America study and its results on dealbreakers. (Fair warning: The one comment currently on the post with the results is kind of gross.)
- Liz Lemon. We wish the Dealbreakers site was more robust.
- Dealbreakers vs. the start of a conversation to make the relationship better.
- An article I read about someone whose dealbreaker was the sound of forks hitting teeth, which I still can't find.
- Forks hitting teeth and crunching on ice.
- “Likes X” or “hates Y” from pop culture as a dealbreaker.
- Things that break the deal in terms of the pop culture we consume.
- Political dealbreakers (and our episode “Why are we friends?”)
- I broke up with “Red Dead Redemption.”
- A throwback to our episode “Did movies ruin love?”
- Listener mail! From Ame. Whose name I hope I pronounced correctly. It's about our wedding episode.
- Episode link: Dealbreakers
You can follow PopStuff on Twitter at @PopStuffHSW, and you can keep up with us on the official PopStuff Facebook page.