'Tis the season for giving, but Holly and I are all about asking, wishing and taking in this episode. It comes down to our wish lists -- both physical, tangible consumer goods and more abstract wishes for our own entertainment.
Dear Santa, please bring us:
- Han Solo in carbonite ice trays
- Talking plush "Portal" turrets (this and the one above are both from ThinkGeek.com)
- "The Casserole Queen Cookbook" (and cheese)
- The complete series of "Farscape" on Blu-ray
- One digital video storage format for our homes forever so we won't ever have to replace things made in an obsolete format
- "Batman," Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Star Wars III" LEGO games for Wii
- A day that is four hours longer without causing us to age faster so we can play more video games
- "Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword," "Shadow of the Colossus" in HD (and also for someone to come to my house and get me past the flying snake boss), "Star Wars: The Old Republic," and "Skyrim"
- Not in the podcast, but I'd like to add to the above, for Windows to successfully install on my Mac so I can play SWTOR, which I have now
- "Disneyland Adventures"
- From the future, I would like "Bioshock: Infinite" and Jonathan Blow's "The Witness" to be delivered to me now, thanks. But gamemakers, please do not rush yourselves just for me.
- The 50th anniversary edition of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
- A 10-pound box of money
- All that Star Wars stuff from Williams-Sonoma (and, an addendum thanks to a trip to the mall today: all the Snow White stuff, too)
- That a 30th anniversary boxed set of all Motley Crue was not a thing
- The "Dr. Katz" complete series boxed set
- For Peter Jackson to continue putting out videos from "The Hobbit" (addendum from today: WHATEVER, the trailer is out now. More of that, please.)
- New "Lion King" DVD, and the "True Blood" DVDs
- The "Anne of Green Gables" anime legally available in the United States
- All the bacon (and, for Holly, all the bacon-adjacent things like bacon shirts and bacon scarves, and, for me, for those things not to be things)
- "The Hunger Games" movie, now, and series 2 of "Downton Abbey," also now
- For "Brave" to be awesome
- For "Community" to survive this "hiatus"
- For "Pan Am" to be renewed, and I would like to apologize now for anyone who has a fear of flying for what we talk about after we talk about "Pan Am." So we wish for everyone to have good flights from now on.
- Membership in Club 33
- For all the food in the world to have no caloric impact
- For everyone to have good behavior at the movies
- And then we really dwindle into idealistic peace on Earth territory
- How Santa Claus Works
Happy Holidays, everyone!
Link to the episode: PopStuff's Pop Culture Wish List
You can follow PopStuff on Twitter at @PopStuffHSW, and you can keep up with us on the PopStuff Facebook page.