Stuff They Don’t Want You To Know
From UFOs to psychic powers, history is riddled with unexplained events.
Riddle me this: When is a person not a person? Or, more accurately, when is a person not a human being?
Could modern civilization really lose entire cities? Could we do so on purpose? It’s a wild idea, and a surprisingly persistent one.
This week, Matt and I explored a curious trend in assassination theories: murder by plane.
Who wouldn’t want to traverse the bounds of boring ol’ second-to-second linear time and live the nomadic life of a roaming chrononaut?
In our recent series on Hugo Chávez, Matt and I covered the short-lived 2002 coup d’état and Chávez’s untimely passing.
In our series on gun ownership in the United States, Matt and I ran into several surprises.
Muammar Gaddafi ruled Libya for more than 40 years before he was killed by rebel forces in October, 2011. Our recent episodes on Libya explore two events: the tragic bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 and the fall of the Gaddafi regime.
I don’t know about you, but I’m extremely skeptical when it comes to doomsday predictions. After all, people have been predicting the end of the world since the dawn of recorded history. Now, I’m not talking about large-scale, gradual catastrophes like the looming threat of environmental damage or the consequences of overpopulation. I’m talking about […]
First, some background: Around this time last year, bees were all over the news. Apiarists, nature-lovers and scientists claimed that honeybees were dying out. Entire hives were collapsing, and no one was sure why. I took a look at this phenomenon — colony collapse disorder, or CCD — in an earlier post, and though I […]
This week marks the 44th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s assassination. On April 4th, 1968, civil rights champion Dr. King was murdered by a single gunshot while standing on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee. The city plunged into a state of emergency, and while the nation mourned the loss of one […]
Recent Postings by Category
- Thank You and Best Wishes to Marshall Brain
- Contest – Design a $300 house and win $25,000
- How the Philtrum works – the place under your nose where your face comes together
The Coolest Stuff on the Planet
- Why can a 5 foot 8 inch man dunk a basketball on a 10 foot rim while some people of taller stature can’t?
- What happens to our sun once it runs out of fuel?
- How do we know the age of the universe?
Stuff Mom Never Told You
- 237 Reasons Humans Have Sex
- The Wedding Ring Phenomenon
- How 1951 Miss America Sparked the Miss USA Pageant
Stuff to Blow Your Mind
- Blow Your Mind: Slay Your Paper Tigers
- Space Religion: Cao Dai and the 72 Inhabited Exoplanets
- Blow the Mind: Objects of Love
Stuff You Should Know
- “In The Neighborhood” by Jon Stewart Mosman
- “Thanatos” by Christopher Vincola
- “Frame Story” by Adam Pracht
The Stuff of Genius
- Show Notes: Heart-stopping Last Laps of Racing
- Never say Never: Jaguar XJ220 Spotted in the Wild!
- What’s your pick for the 2013 Indianapolis 500 pace car?
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 152: Final Episodes
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 151: Mailbag!
- PopStuff Show Notes: Episode 150: Barbie!
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Stuff to Change the World
- Who will own the Arctic?
- Obesity: The New Global Crisis
- Bill Gates Makes For A Pretty Decent Cartoon
Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Missed in History: Irish Potato Famine, Part 1
- Missed in History: Paul Poiret
- Missed in History: Benjamin Banneker